Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Recent acquisitions

I like to think of my sticker collection as a museum. A kind of private museum that isn't open to the public and never deaccessions anything. But I do continue to collect, so here are a few recent additions to the collection.

From Mary, these adorable, Japanese-style Momiji stickers:
These remind me of old school, Valentine's Day stickers. But now I can practice my German and Italian at the same time that I make construction paper hearts with doilies. 

 It's a declaration of sorts.

Super-cute.
 
I also did some shopping on the Mrs. Grossman's website and found these beautiful, laser-cut stickers for the fall season:
 I think it says something about me that I can look at a sticker with a witch, bats, and a haunted house, and every time think that the "Boo!" says "1300!" Because, you know, the 1300s were a pretty awesome century (just think of the contributions to the Sienese school of painting alone). 
1300!

Hard-to-photograph.

Probably my favorite from the group.

Then I went with some more obviously cute designs:
Better for Easter than for Thanksgiving.
After butterflies and dragonflies, ladybugs are the only acceptably adorable insect.




No comments:

Post a Comment